If you are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts that you might act on, then you need to get help immediately.
If you are a client of mine, please follow the safety plan we have agreed upon. If you are still not feeling safe, then follow the instructions below.
If you are not a client of mine, then please follow the instructions below:
- Call 911 and tell the operator that you are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts.
- Go to your local crisis center, usually the Emergency Room of your local hospital, and tell them you are having suicidal or homicidal thoughts.
- Call your primary care doctor and tell him or her you are feeling suicidal or homicidal.
- Call a trusted friend or family member and tell him or her you need help now.
- Call one of the following Suicide Hotlines and tell them what’s going on:
- 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433)
- 1-800-273-TALK (1-800-273-8255)
- Send an anonymous email to the Samaritans, a charity founded in 1953 which exists to provide confidential emotional support to any person who is suicidal or despairing. Trained volunteers provide this service 24 hours every day. It is free. You are guaranteed absolute confidentiality and you will not be judged.
- Go to this website suicide…read this first for more suggestions and emotional support.
Be sure to bookmark this website for easy return.